Maude Tanswai is a visual artist with a particular interest in exploring the nature and elements of being. Her focus is on miniature, intricately detailed drawings and paintings. Utilizing technical pens, ink, gouache, loupes and Leroy Keuffel & Esser drafting tools, she combines freehand images of biomorphic structures, events and processes with source texts and found poetry.
Tanswai received her BA from the University of California, Berkeley with a major in English and minor in City & Regional Planning. Born and raised in suburban Detroit, she currently lives and works in Los Angeles.
• SUNNY, Fouladi Projects, San Francisco, CA, Jun-Aug 2016
• VENICE ARTBLOCK, Letelier Studio, Venice, CA, May 2016
• The Art Gypsy Tales :: Interview with Sabrina Smith, Jan 2016
• CREATIVE :: Interview with Tiger Feng, Jun 2016
• OXALIS Volume 1: Hinge, Spring 2015